This last weekend we have been baking some handmade cookies due to the Christmas break. A great activity to enjoy with children. They would enjoy participating elaborating the recipe to finally eat it!
On the other hand, we eliminate the saturated fats that are included in butter that increase the cholesterol.
Benefits of the Olive Oil in this recipe
Another advantage of using Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead of butter is that EVOO provides benefits for our health. Prevent cancer and other degenerative illness such as Alzheimer, reduce cholesterol, etc. And this fact is the most important one for children because the EVOO help to absorb calcium, and better if we talk about Premium Olive Oil.
These are some of the reasons why we decide to write this Chocolate Cookies recipe with EVOO. Take note and run to the kitchen to taste this simple and tasty recipe.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cookies with EVOO:
- 60ml of EVOO from Centenarian Olives Trees
- 100gr (53oz) of baking flour
- 60gr (116438oz) of good quality cacao
- 50gr (763698oz) of sugar
- 3 spoons of vanilla sugar or vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Whip the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the normal sugar and the vanilla one until obtaining a uniform mix.
- Later, add the mix of flour and cacao step by step until incorporate the whole quantity. Also, you should add the egg and use your hands to make the perfect dough.
- If the dough is still sticky and you cannot work well with it, you could add more cacao.
- With the dough prepared, make a ball and cover it with film paper. Introduce it into the fridge for 20 minutes.
- After that time, turn on the oven to pre-heat it while you prepare the cookies.
- Take the dough out from the fridge, stretch it with a rolling pin and cut it with help of the mold with the form that you like the most.
- Put the already cut dough inside the oven tray over the oven paper or film paper and bake them 10-12 minutes to 180º. Leave them cool for a while and they will be ready to eat!
- If you want a more beautiful presentation you could heat 15 ounces of dark chocolate and cover the cookies with it. Leave the chocolate to cool down and you would get covered Chocolate Cookies that give them a soft aspect.
We hope you love this recipe as we do. And if you give them a try, tell us how it was going! Take a look at our online store to buy spanish olive oil.
‘The handmade cookies have the advantage of being healthier for making them with natural ingredients. These would be healthier than the ones you could buy at the store (that are mostly made of palm oil)’